The WordPress User Data kit allows you to store anything you want to online
- Store data globally for access within all games or
- Save data for a specific game only
- Sort your data into categories and fetch data by field, category or the entire game
- Request all info you currently have about the player including all data from all games…
- Request all non-game-specific data you have about the player. For instance his dog’s name, custom avatar URL or phone number. Anything you chose to save globally inside some game.
- Upload images from your game to your website and fetch back the public URL at any time
This means it is now possible for you to check what other games of yours the player has and even update the player’s settings in one game from within another! “Did you buy the Prequel? Excellent, thank you. Here is 5000 extra Gold”. Or the other way around… “Thank you for buying the prequel. I see you already have the main game also. Excellent. I have now unlocked a secret character in the main game”
The WordPress User Data system is built on CML meaning it already comes with many, many powerful search and filter functions but now includes a number of wrapper functions with game specific, easy to identify function names to help people who don’t know CML to get started quickly. Once you have read the included CML documentation and are ready to access your data directly you will then have a bunch of extra functions to simplify your life even more and in some cases now have you multiple ways of getting to your data.
Originally planned as a completely separate kit, Pro Mode has been added free of charge for all new and existing customers!
Enable Pro Mode by setting a single static boolean to true. As an added benefit of no longer needing the entry level wrapper functions, you are able to write much cleaner code and in most cases much less code. Enabling Pro Mode changes the format in which the data is delivered to allow you even more
fine grain access over your data. Think of CML as XML on steroids and consider each step up as having more
direct access to each node and having better
search and filter functionality becoming available!
Data and data types
Because it runs on CML, which is part of MBS Core, it means you can store any data you can turn into a string (for example by using their respective ToString() methods) online and when you fetch your data back from the server MBS Core’s FromString() methods run in the background so you can use your saved data as typed variables, formatted back into (thus far) int, long, float, bool, Rect, Vector2, Vector3, Color, Quaternion and, of course, string.
Store any value! Keep it online and out of the hands of the cheaters… Gold, score, health, experience, tower upgrade level… whatever values you want to store, now you can!
Some extra features to take note of
- Install the plugin once and you are good to store data for all your current and future games
- This kit requires zero configuration. Just install the plugin and start calling the static functions. That simple.
- Includes comprehensive documentation explaining the available wrapper functions
- Includes a dashboard interface which lets you see and modify all data of all users who is saving data on your server
- Save and retrieve data to your own account: Player data
- Save and retrieve data shared by all players: Game settings
- Update and fetch limited data from other people’s accounts: Authoritative server access