- Select which keyboard to show
- Select where to place it in your scene
- Select what to do with the result the keyboard returns
Optional extras include:
- Pooling: Only ever load the keyboard once
- Inspecting the current value at any time
- Having your own code disperse the keyboard
- Block mouse clicks to other objects behind it
- Includes 2 sample themes to start you off with
- Static spawning function: Launch any time from any script
There really isn't much else to say... The kit was made to be simple and do a few things but do them as simply and efficiently as possible:
- Give you a keyboard in world space
- Make it easy to skin it to match your game
- Allow you to decide what buttons to put on the keyboard(s)
If you position it so it neatly covers the screen it becomes the ideal 2D replacement for the device's native keyboard. Alternatively you can place it in a more "interactive" or at least a more interesting position in your scene and use it as an interactive terminal on a space station, a combination lock on a lab door or whatever else your imagination can conjure up.
As you can imagine, this keyboard is perfectly suited for VR use! All you need is a custom Raycaster such as those provided by Oculus SDK or the Curved UI asset (for example).