NOTE: This kit requires the myBad Studios Core kit
NOTE: You are buying a Beta product. This means that there may be bugs in the kit so be aware of that. While this product is sold in a beta state, it will sell at a reduced price but purchasing the beta product entitles you to all future beta and release versions. After purchasing this product you will not receive a product to download but will instead receive an email from me after I have added you to the DropBox account from where you can download all current and future versions.
In order to make this kit as universal as possible, everything I could make independent, I did. Don’t like the current GUI? Just remove the GUI component and add in one you do like. Like my GUI but not my keyboard handling? Keep the GUI component and remove the keyboard handling component. Want to display an on screen cursor when making selections? Add the component. Don’t want to see a cursor on screen when making selections? Remove the component. I have done my best to make everything I can that simple to configure / modify / replace.
In addition I also have a whole bunch of events that fire at key points during battle like, for instance, right after you have selected your target, right after your attack begins, right after your attack has ended, right after landing a blow, right after landing your last blow, right after you have returned to your home tile, right after all faction members have had their turns etc etc etc. You can hook into any of these for custom actions if you so wish.
Even the damage system uses virtual functions so you can replace my code with your own and even the way the damage is rendered on screen means you can replace the font with one you made in Photoshop leaving you with limitless display options.
The key word here is “options”! I give you a system you can drag and drop into a scene, hit play and have yourself a fully fledged battle system with intros, cinematic camera transitions, special effects and AI… and then I make all of it customisable in as easy a way as possible.
Even the position of the camera during combat is easy to modify. Want to force a single view angle during combat? Simply have 1 camera target position prefab. Want to give your players 19 different camera angles to cycle through? Then simply duplicate the camera target position prefab 18 times and drag them to where you want them to be. You don’t even have to configure them if you don’t want to. I will find them and use them for you…
- Standalone and replaceable components for most actions
- Customisable components that don’t interfere with other components
- Battle introduction sequence showing both faction’s names
- Turn introduction showing active faction’s name
- Win and loose animations, as above, using custom graphics
- Multiple camera angles
- Audio for attacks, damage, dying and background music
- Easy to change the entire game style
- Basic enemy AI for target selection
- Infinite number of charactersThe battlefield consists out of two factions. Each faction can have an unlimited number of party members. When you spawn them you have the option of spawning all party members or spawning a random selection. This random selection gives you complete freedom of selection in terms of what is the minimum and maximum amount of characters to spawn and should the system try to spawn exactly the maximum or pick a random value in between?
This means you can create one prefab per “zone” in your game and say that in zone 1 your player has just started the game and should be level 1 to 5 or so thus, to make it fair, you will only spawn enemy x,y z in this area… You simply drag in all the different enemies that MIGHT spawn in that prefab and tell it to only spawn between 1 and 3. Done. Now the player can walk around your level and every 9 seconds he can be thrown into a new battle and it will be completely random each time.
- Infinite number of attacks thanks to the unique attack systemThe way this system is setup, if you get a new animation file, you can have a new attack. Simply duplicate an existing one, change a few text fields and you are done. It can now be assigned to any character!
- Infinite number of magic attacksAs with the attacks, if you have an animation for a spell, you can create a new spell. Just duplicate an existing one, change a few fields in the inspector and you are done.
- Infinite number of special effectsDo you like Jean Moreno’s FX kits? Perhaps you like the Elementals kit? Maybe you like one or two of Unity’s default effects? Perhaps you have your own custom special effect? Good news then cause it works with all of them. If you have a special effect prefab, just assign it to a spell and select wether it should spawn on the player or the target and you are done.
- Includes a Magical Special Effects generatorIncluded as a free bonus is some scripts and basic prefabs to help you create your own special effects. This is nothing near as fancy as the special effects created by the guys on the Asset Store but for people with limited artistic skills this can be of great assistance. Includes a bunch of sample images and ready made prefabs for you to use and a script that you can use to help you turn a special effect into a projectile effect like the fireballs in Street Fighter
- The world’s easiest to use Mecanim AnimationController, ever!Are you a Mecanim guru? Excellent! Are you absolutely clueless with Mecanim? Join the club. Either way, you will be able to use this AnimationController in 2 minutes or less! There is no AnimationController on the planet more simple than the one used by this kit! There CAN’T be! Why? Because you drag in the animation and you are done. No timers, no variables, no nothing. Just drag in your animation and you are done. If you want to play an animation and be sure it stops when it is done, just create a transition to idle. There is absolutely nothing more to do.
- Infinite cinematic camera animations for your spells.Did you just create an awesome new spell? Do you wish you could see it from a specific angle? No problem. Use Unity’s Animation window and just create a camera animation that you like. When you are done, just assign it to the spell and it will use your custom path when the spell is cast
- Custom spawnersEither create your spawners in advance or at runtime. Instantiate it and load a new scene. The spawner will load, configure and start the battle as soon as the new scene is loaded and return you to a scene of your choice once it is done. win or loose, your choice of final destination.
You can customise your spawners to load custom battle configurations also. Simply pre-create your prefabs to hold which enemies can be created and instantiate the relevant spawner but the battle system it spawns can be preconfigured also. Included in the kit is two examples:
- Final Fantasy style – Grid of 3×2 on either side with up to 3 enemies per battle
- Street Fighter style – Grid of 1×1 with only 1 character, no visible grid and only 1 camera to give a Street Fighter style view
- Sneak attack mode where one faction attacks the first round from behind
- Includes pre-configured characters: Kyle and Ethan from Unity, Red Samurai and Troll from Sui Chen Ki
- Includes music tracks provided by Grant Stevens from http://www.varazuvi.com